How to Make a Heart-Shaped Pizza for Mother’s Day
May 7, 2020
Mother’s Day is almost here, which is the perfect opportunity to show your mom (or any motherly figure in your life) how much you appreciate her – and what she really wants? A heart-shaped pizza! (Believe us.) Here’s how to make a heart-shaped pizza just for her.
- 1 pound pre-made dough (you can find this in most grocery stores near the fresh bread or deli) or homemade dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1 cup (or more if you’re cheese lovers like us) mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut your pepperonis into hearts for some added love. You can do this by folding your pepperoni slice in half and trimming the edges into a heart. Kitchen shears will be your best friend here, but a sharp knife will also do the trick.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a wide “V” at the top of the dough circle.
- Your pizza should be in a weird almost-heart shape now, so pinch around the top and edges to form it into a full heart. Pinch the very bottom to complete the shape.
- Place your heart pizza on a pizza pan or baking sheet that’s lightly sprinkled with some cornmeal to prevent sticking.
- Spread your sauce onto the pizza. Does mom like her pizza really saucy? Be generous with your sauce, but don’t overdo it! We don’t want a soggy crust, but we also don’t want dry or sauceless pizza.
- Now for the difficult part. Sprinkle the top with your shredded cheese. Why is this the tough part? Because it’s almost impossible not to eat some of that cheese. Just try. Or don’t…
- Top your masterpiece with your heart-shaped pepperonis.
- Put your pizza in the oven and bake it until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- When it’s ready, carefully remove your work of art from the oven and let cool slightly before cutting and serving to mom.
Voila! That’s it. Share your beautiful masterpieces with us on social media – don’t forget to tag us and let us know how mom liked it!